Thursday, March 12, 2009

Welcome


Well this is it, our first post on our brand new blog. We are 2 days from embarking on our journey to bring Leah home from China. The excitement was overflowing tonight when we were at open house at Hart Elementary which is where James is a fun loving 3rd grader and will soon be Leah's new stomping grounds. The teachers and students were bubbling over with joy and anticipation just as much as we are.


So shall we start by introducing everyone to Leah Hope. Leah is 7 years old, she lives at a wonderful place called New Day Foster Home in China. She loves monkeys and her favorite color is purple. Leah is also a girlie girl who loves hair accessories, nail polish and makeup. We have had her serenade us to many wonderful songs on our weekly phone calls.


7 comments:

  1. I cannot wait until y'all have our precious niece with you. Hannah, tell her how much we already love her and James, don't forget what you promised :)! I love you all! Mwah! Aunt Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see you meet your beautiful daughter! Our Mya lived at New Day for 2.5 years - how blessed we are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are on your way! Can't wait to get the next update!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's beautiful! Best of luck to your family on this new chapter of your lives!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for you! We adopted our son, Peter, from Korea, 21 years ago (jet day is just around the corner on April 1st). What a wonderful time for you and Hannah - enjoy and safe travels.
    Lynn Zwickert

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi my name is Jovanna
    I was at New Day last summer and grew to know and love Leah. I would love to follow your journey and send you pictures of her that I took!!! She has captured so many of our hearts and I am so happy that she has a forever family!

    *Jovanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog through New Day's Blog. I volunteered at New Day last fall and met precious Leah. She is the sweetest, girly-girl! What a blessing to your lives... congratulations! I'm so excited to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete